Let’s face it, cracked winter skin is equivalent to the unsexy, so how can we purify dry skin to enable it to breathe again? We must stimulate cell renewal through deep hydration!
5 Organic Go-Tos to Keep Skin Hydrated
Make sure you help your skin from the inside out by eating a proper diet and drinking at least eight cups of water a day. This will go a long way to keeping your skin hydrated and elastic. Also, make sure you avoid all products containing silicone substances, surfactants derived from oil refining or allergenic ingredients: in addition to being highly harmful to the body, they contribute to dryness by occluding your pores and giving a fake feeling of hydration. Just check out the label and scan the ingredients; avoid any products with names that end with the suffix -one.
- Chamomile: Chamomile boasts numerous cosmetic properties ideal for skin care, because it is emollient and soothing. You can add a few drops of chamomile essential oil to your moisturizer or directly use a camomile infusion as a compress to cleanse the skin on your face and leave it deliciously hydrated.
- Aloe vera: An excellent skin care go-to is aloe vera which, thanks to its calming and moisturizing properties, is present in many organic skin care products. You can also prepare a natural aloe cream ideal for the most sensitive and reactive skin. Just mix 4 tablespoons of aloe vera juice, six drops of jojoba oil, half a teaspoon of almond oil and a teaspoon of vegetable glycerin.
- Honey and yogurt: Other foods that help keep the skin moisturised from the inside out are honey and yogurt; both can also be used externally, in the preparation of masks or creams for dry skin. Honey can also be used in its purest state, to be applied on the face, like a mask, and kept in place for about ten minutes. Honey is also an excellent moisturizer because it has the power to retain water, so it permits a proper level of hydration, moreover the mineral salts and the vitamins it contains are antioxidants.
- Coconut oil: Perfect for soft skin, coconut oil has a homogeneous and silky texture. Simply apply it to your entire body in small quantities and gently massage along the entire surface to be treated, including the face. Make sure you try it after your shower, to be applied on damp skin. It can also be used for a natural scrub, for the body or for the face. Just mix it with sea salt, so as to quickly achieve a natural scrub and exfoliating action. Your skin will feel revived and hydrated. Coconut oil is an effective natural ally, providing elasticity to the skin, ensuring beneficial skin nourishment. Coconut oil is easily re-absorbed, it can be used either as a replacement for your moisturizer, or as a natural cleanser and make-up remover for the face.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has always been my grandmother’s choice in organic skincare. A practical example: before entering the shower, sprinkle the body with plenty of olive oil and massage for 5-10 minutes. Then proceed to shower, normally. In this way, a part of oil will be absorbed during the massage, the other part will be eliminated with your regular cleansing. As you wash your body, the olive oil will protect your skin from the drying effect of your soap. After drying off, you will notice that your skin is much softer, and hydrated with an irresistible “velvety feeling”.
What to Avoid
Avoid products with fragrances, photosensitizing substances, parabens and essential oils. Limit the consumption of alcohol, spices and coffee, avoid climate change and exposure to the sun as much as possible without protection.
When selecting pads and tampons for your menstrual cycle, consider Organyc® 100% pure, organic cotton feminine care products, guaranteed to protect and respect your sensitive skin:
- Made from 100% certified organic cotton – the most expensive kind – inside and out
- Organyc proudly displays the 100% Cotton seal.
- Organyc brand pads, liners, and tampons have been UL tested and demonstrate comparable performance to Always and Tampax.
- Free from:
- chlorine bleach
- super absorbent chemicals
- man made materials
- wood pulp
- Clinically proven to not cause skin rashes, irritations, etc. and to help alleviate skin problems caused by other feminine hygiene products.
- Breathable and hypoallergenic
- Skin pH compatible* The backsheet is made of biodegradable film.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
In a large scale gynecological study, feminine care products like Organyc containing pure cotton solved skin irritation with a 90% success rate within 90 days.
It is estimated 60% of women believe they suffer from sensitive skin and many do, indeed, experience itching and irritation. Cotton is soft, gentle and naturally breathable. Skin does not react with cotton. 100% pure organic cotton (the purest type) hypoallergenic products are highly recommended for women who suffer from recurring yeast infections.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.