Whether sudden skin outbreaks occur once a month to announce your period or more frequently, research indicates that stress may be directly related to pimples, psoriasis or sudden redness. While protecting skin from the sun and avoiding exposure to harsh wind, rain and sudden changes in climate is effective, learning to manage stress may prove to be equally as effective. Practicing yoga, relaxation, meditation and tai chi are practices recommended by some dermatologists to help the skin and provide a sense of balance and well being.
Some believe our skin represents our external brain, allowing our different pathologies, joy and pain to transpire. The first step to reducing stressful factors is to find solutions that contribute to maintaining a sense of balance in our lives. We must learn how to detach ourselves from problems and to manage stress without becoming submerged.
Choose Yoga to combat stress
The combination of asanas and the breathing technique of pranayama will enable you to relax and combat stress associated with the daily grind. Yoga increases a sense of awareness and strength in the knowledge that you can use natural elements such as controlling your breathing to fight stress effectively. Constraining your body in a pose and staying there, being immobile and developing increasing relaxation in the effort, that is an asana or a yoga pose.
- The Child’s Pose (Balasana): The position of the child is among the most useful for relieving stress and at the same time stretching the back muscles.
Kneel on the floor. Touch your big toes together and sit on your heels, then separate your knees about as wide as your hips.
Exhale and lay your torso down between your thighs. Broaden your sacrum across the back of your pelvis and narrow your hip points toward the navel, so that they nestle down onto the inner thighs. Lengthen your tailbone away from the back of the pelvis while you lift the base of your skull away from the back of your neck.
Lay your hands on the floor alongside your torso, palms up, and release the fronts of your shoulders toward the floor. Feel how the weight of the front shoulders pulls the shoulder blades wide across your back.
Balasana is a resting pose. Stay anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes. Beginners can also use Balasana to get a taste of a deep forward bend, where the torso rests on the thighs. Stay in the pose from 1 to 3 minutes. To come up, first lengthen the front torso, and then with an inhalation lift from the tailbone as it presses down and into the pelvis.
2. The Bridge Pose – Setubandhasana: The Bridge Pose, exactly like that of the child’s Pose, is effective for relieving stress. Although it may seem difficult and heavy, initially, with the right dose of concentration, you will reap the benefits it provides.
3. The Eagle Pose – Garudasana: To function properly, this position must be performed in complete silence, and you must be completely focused, so as not to lose your balance. Reaching perfection and removing stress is possible if you do not think about anything but this asana. You need strength, flexibility, and endurance, and unwavering concentration for Eagle Pose.
4. The Cat/Cow Pose – Marjariasana: The rhythm of breathing, arching and releasing your back muscles allows you to release all your accumulated stress.This pose is a breath synchronized movement: the asana flow from Cow Tilt to Cat Stretch has many powerful health benefits for the mind, body, and soul as it releases toxins and increases your flexibility.
5. The Corpse Pose- Savasana: The yoga sequences always end with the meditation position, which allows you to collect positive thoughts and energies released during the session. Even just 10 minutes of Savasana a day can improve your perception of yourself and your life.
It is not just the asanas that allows you to relax and drive away the stress, but also the attitude with which you approach the lessons and practice. Remember…
- Always breathe constantly and deeply.
- Follow your own pace and never allow yourself to compete with others.
- Relax the muscles of your back and arms as much as you can.
- Be positive, both during, before and after practice, enjoying every single moment and every single achievement.
- Observe as your skin benefits from your new sense of balance.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.