“We have finally started to notice that there is real curative value in local herbs and remedies. In fact, we are also becoming aware that there are little or no side effects to most natural remedies, and that they are often more effective than Western medicine.”
- Anne Wilson Schaef
Reminiscing about my childhood with my sister, always involves our favorite memories of “swinging from” the branches of our Weeping Willow tree, admiring the colorful spring tulips in front of our house, and “making tea” with the mint leaves in abundance behind our house. Little did I know back then, about the incredible benefits hidden in those mint leaves.
Mint has many varieties of plants. In ancient times, it was often used in the kitchen, to flavor dishes and to prepare refreshing drinks. In particular, the Romans and Egyptians used mint to facilitate digestion, and to refresh the breath and the skin. Peppermint is a hybrid, which was created in England in the eighteenth century because of its fresh aroma and its digestive properties. A peppermint infusion after a meal, favors digestion and relieves headaches resulting from poor digestion.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Mint has many important beneficial properties:
- Reduces bloating
Because of its many properties, it is used in the cosmetics industry for beauty products and for the treatment of imperfections such as cellulite, skin with enlarged or sensitive pores, heavy legs and venous problems. Knowing the cosmetic uses of peppermint is important to fully take advantage of its extraordinary properties. Formulations containing this plant are effective in preparations for skin care, and the care of hands and feet. The use of mint is also common in physiotherapy and medicine, where it may be used for various treatments and massages.
- Soothes sensitive skin: Ideal for soothing sensitive skin irritations due to razor burn or waxing, peppermint acts as an emollient for areas affected by depilation. Try using peppermint essential oil mixed with olive oil on your legs.
- Relaxes and invigorates: Excellent for relaxing and invigorating massages, mix peppermint essential oil, with sweet almond oil, to make your skin more compact and smoother.
- Dissolves tension: When used in combination with wheat germ oil, peppermint oil is highly effective in dissolving tension due to fatigue, intense workouts, and muscular contractures. A connective tissue massage relieves pain caused by trigger points or poor posture.
- Detoxifies and decongests: In facial treatments, peppermint essential oil favors decongestion and detoxification of tissues in case of oily and asphyxiated skin.
- Purifies and relaxes: With peppermint you also get an excellent purifying mask for oily skin. Mix 5 teaspoons of white clay, 5 drops of tea tree oil and 5 drops of peppermint essential oil. You may also want to add other oils of your choice such as lavender or sage. After mixing all the ingredients, add yogurt and a teaspoon of honey. You will immediately notice significantly cleaner, smoother and brighter skin.
When applying the peppermint oil with olive oil mixture to refresh and soothe sensitive skin due to depilation, use Organyc 100% pure, organic cotton rounds.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.