Life is better in a bikini…
Unless you are suffering from Candida!
Candida Albicans is a fungus that is generally harmless and naturally present in women in the vagina, on the skin, in the intestine, in the ears, in the mouth and especially in the throat. It is estimated that this fungus is present in large quantities in about 80% of the healthy population without provoking any disturbance or signs of its presence. At least until the balance with other microelements is altered.
Awareness and Prevention
In the presence of an imbalance within its natural environment, the Candida Albicans fungus may lead to an infection known as vaginal candidiasis, especially during the summer. Keep in mind the following information:
- The heat and all that entails in terms of lowering the immune system makes the body more susceptible to an outbreak.
- Greater promiscuity and difficulty in constantly observing the normal rules of hygiene, represent risk factors.
- Eliminate leavened and glucose-containing foods, limit those with fructose or honey. Summer leads us to eat out more often, leading to an increased consumption of sandwiches and leavened products, fruit, ice cream, and other sweet foods. Sugar and yeast promote fungal proliferation and Candida Albicans, already stimulated by the hot humid environment, overpowers the other elements present in its natural environment to manifest itself as vaginal candidiasis. When hanging out at happy hour, limit your alcohol intake as cocktails, beers and wine will contribute to candida.
- Candida in the summer may be provoked by the bad habit of sitting without a towel on the sand, staying in a wet bathing suit for extended periods of time, wearing synthetic underwear and tampons even with the inflammation. Abandon colored, lace, or spandex underwear for a natural, breathable fabric like cotton.
- Sexual relationships, which may be more frequent in the summer amplify the risk of contracting candida.
Symptoms and Treatment
Candida manifests with localized redness, itchiness, and whitish, foul-smelling and ricotta-like secretions. In general, candida is antifungal, but consult with your gynecologist regarding which therapy to follow because, sometimes, candida is caused by a fungus other than Candida Albicans, and this eventuality requires appropriate treatment.
Consult the following list to avoid Summer Candida:
- Avoiding yeasts, sugars and alcohol during the acute phases of the disorder facilitates healing.
- Use Organyc® intimate wipes. Organyc feminine cloths are made with a certified organic cosmetic formulation that includes calendula, chamomile extracts and lactic acid. These cleansing cloths are refreshing and moisturizing – perfect for cleansing the most intimate parts. There are no additives, SLS, or alcohol, which make these ideal for sensitive skin.
- Choose mild detergents with neutral pH like Organyc Intimate Wash. Organyc intimate wash is made with a certified organic formulation that includes Chamomile essential oils and extracts. There are no additives, SLES or SLS, which make this wash ideal for sensitive skin.
- Avoid numerous rinses.
- Wash from front to back and never vice versa
- Sit on a beach towel, on the lounge chairs and on the poolside.
- Eat yogurt, garlic and probiotics.
- Wear cotton clothes and avoid jeans and tight pants.
- Change pads regularly, after 2-3 hours.
- Use condoms or limit sexual activity during vaginal candidiasis.
- Contact your doctor for therapeutic indications appropriate to the nature of your situation.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.