As much as we would love to just curl right up and fall asleep after chatting away for hours with our bff, we just can’t do it until we take off our makeup. Woman up, get up, and head to the bathroom, because what you’ve gotta do, what you’ve just gotta do. And you cannot be going to bed with your makeup on. Forget about what that does to your pillowcase, just imagine all that dirt, and mascara seeping into your sensitive skin and clogging your pores because you were too lazy to wash it off. Nope, gotta get up and take off that makeup!
Makeup removal is a fundamental gesture of beauty and health for your skin. Therefore, we have created a list of steps to follow to remove makeup properly:
- Choose your makeup remover based on your skin type and its needs. Do not choose a random product, make sure you read the ingredients, avoiding chemicals, and always perform the final rinse with fresh water.
- To remove eye makeup, make sure you use a specific makeup remover for the eyes. Close your eyes, poor three drops of the makeup remover you have chosen on a cotton round and place it on the eyelid, holding it in place for 5 seconds, to give the product time to dissolve the makeup. Then, with a slow and delicate movement, from the inside to the outer corner of the eye, slide the disc onto the eyelid. Repeat until all the makeup has been removed
For the most difficult points, such as the inside of the eyelid or in the middle of the eyelashes, use a cotton swab, after having dipped it in the make-up remover.
- Your toner must be used after rinsing with water and not instead of water.
- Always moisturize after removing makeup, to give back to the skin what you have just removed.
- If you have sensitive skin, make sure you choose as delicate a product as possible, and avoid aggressive cleansers, soaps, water as much as possible.
- Use Organyc 100% pure, organic cotton balls to remove your makeup as they are extremely delicate and made to protect and respect sensitive skin.
DIY Makeup Remover with Jojoba Oil
Able to confer health and vitality to skin and hair, jojoba oil was used by pre-Columbian populations as a natural moisturizing and protective tissue remedy. This vegetable lipid is composed of a mixture of waxy esters, vitamin E, B complex vitamins, minerals such as zinc, copper and iodine.
Unlike all other vegetable oils, its molecular form is linear and non-branched; this makes it chemically very similar to human sebum. Sebum is a fatty substance composed mainly of cholesterol and fatty acids, which serves to keep the skin hydrated and to protect it from attack by external factors (bacteria, sun, wind, chemicals in the air), thus preventing it from becoming dry and irritated. When the natural hydro-lipid mantle of the skin is lost, (due to the use of aggressive detergents, sunlamps or lack of hydration) the consequences are irritation or desquamation.
Cleansing the eyes is not easy, especially if you use make-up products like waterproof mascara, eyeliner or colored pencils. The eye contour is another very delicate area, which should not be rubbed, as the skin may be damaged. Have a look at the following video to see how to make a comfortable and effective eye makeup remover using jojoba!
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.