“Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.”
- Bethenny Frankel
With your collection of tank tops and bathing suits staring you in the eyes, you will surely want to catch some rays to enhance your golden glow. In addition to the need for an appropriate sunscreen, adjusting your diet can be extremely effective in protecting summer skin. We often underestimate the relationship between sun exposure and diet: by reducing the intake of simple sugars, and foods to which we are intolerant we can avoid incurring annoying sunburn. Make sure you incorporate the following five foods in your summer diet.
5 Summer Foods to Protect Your Skin
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in powerful antioxidants (vitamin A, C and anthocyanins). These substances fight free radicals that can damage the skin due to sun exposure and stress. Blueberries are not only good for the skin, they also have positive effects on blood pressure.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in lycopene, a carotenoid also found in tomatoes, which contains many beneficial properties. This antioxidant, in case of prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, helps the skin defend itself against aging. Our advice is to eat watermelon on a weekly basis during the summer to take advantage of this antioxidant and protect your skin naturally.
- Nuts and seeds: Walnuts, chia seeds and flax seeds all contain omega-3 essential fatty acids. The properties contained in nuts and seeds help keep skin intact and have an anti-inflammatory effect. Omega-3 also helps the body endure the effects of long-term sun exposure.
- Green tea: Research indicates that drinking green tea leads to fewer tumors induced by ultraviolet rays from the sun. This seems to be due to a flavonoid contained in green and black tea known as EGCG. Another study found that green tea reduces skin damage induced by sunlight and also protects against the decrease in collagen, a fundamental protein to keep the skin young and elastic.
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which provides natural sun protection after ten weeks of regular integration. This antioxidant offers an intense photoprotective action, combating free radicals and enhancing the effect of melanin during exposure to sunlight. Beta-carotene is also present in other leafy green vegetables, such as cabbage and spinach. These foods contain lutein and zeaxanthin, important nutrients against wrinkles, sun damage and even skin cancer. Beta-carotene is also contained in yellow-orange fruit, like apricots and peaches.
The Organic Sun Smoothie
These five ingredients can be used to obtain a protective smoothie against the negative effects of sun exposure.
Place a cup of green tea, a cup of blueberries, a cup of watermelon chunks, a small carrot, a spoonful of lemon juice, two tablespoons of seeds of your choice, and three to five ice cubes in a mixer, and blend!
The nutrients contained in this smoothie will increase your level of skin protection, but make sure you do not forget your sunscreen!
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.