“So, honey now, take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars…” –Ed Sheeran
The light of a thousand stars is an awful lot of light if you’re dealing with a sensitive skin, period-induced acne outbreak!
Sensitive skin is an extremely fragile and highly reactive skin. Triggers may include chemical stimuli, such as water, pharmaceuticals, aggressive cosmetics, and detergents, or physical stimuli like heat, cold, wind, etc. These stimuli are normally well tolerated by healthy skin, yet cause irritation, redness and inflammation for sensitive skin. Hypersensitivity in part may be due to a genetic component, and in part may depend on other causes, such as hormonal imbalance, and emotionality. Also, skin color is a fundamental factor, the fairer the skin, with low phototype, the more likely one is to have hypersensitivity.
Sensitive skin strategies
To protect and respect sensitive skin, make sure you adopt the following habits:
- Avoid substance abuse: limit your alcohol, tobacco, unsaturated fats, fried foods, and preservatives intake.
- Diet: Make sure you follow a healthy diet including proper hydration by drinking at least 8 cups of water a day.
- Beware of the sun: monitor your sun exposure, use proper protection, and avoid the sun at peak times.
- Adopt proper cosmetic practices: Always remove your makeup before going to bed. Read the ingredients in the cosmetics you use; avoid aggressive cosmetics rich in silicones, petrolatum and parabens: these substances alter the hydrolipidic film, and do not allow transpiration, provoking sebum hypersecretion, impurities and pimples. Also, make sure you use suitable cosmetics based on the season and your surrounding environment.
Sensitive skin and menstruation
Studies indicate that the hormonal variations that occur in women during the menstrual cycle are able to influence the reactivity of the skin to potentially irritating stimuli and allergic sensitizations. When the rate of estrogen is at its peak, during the ovulation phase, the skin reacts less to stimuli, while the peak of premenstrual progesterone causes an increase in skin irritations and allergies. Sensitive skin should be protected, and this is especially true in the premenstrual phase and during your flow.
Skin tips to follow during your cycle
Beginning on the first day of your cycle, you may already begin to notice pimples appearing, especially in the t-zone. Take action in the following way to block further outbreaks:
- Follow a low sugar, low fat, balanced diet to prevent the appearance of acne.
- Cleanse your skin morning and night using micellar water that captures makeup and dirt residue. Micellar water is a skincare product that looks and feels just like regular water with an incredible ability to remove makeup, cleanse, and tone with just a few swipes of a cotton round. With micellar waters, even waterproof makeup melts cleanly off skin with zero irritation. They contain no alcohol, and are comprised of only dirt-loving micelle molecules that attach to makeup and debris to break it down
- Use Organyc 100% pure, organic cotton rounds to remove makeup. Organyc’s cotton rounds are are soft, but strong, making them great for use with cosmetics or other body care products.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.