“Maybe women would be happier on their periods if someone invented tampons that vibrate.” – Anon
Amy Schumer’s Saturday Night Live monologue was inspiring, direct, current and illuminating, especially the part when she spoke about tampons (obviously one of our favorite subjects.) She said, “I was in the gym locker room and I asked this group of girls, ‘Does anyone have a tampon?’ And this girl was like, ‘Oh, yeah, I do. What size?’ Now I know there are different sizes of tampons, but I never have been confronted with that question…”
I love women. I love when women speak about women, especially when they speak about women and women’s issues, experiences, stories, problems, concerns, and situations. Unexpectedly getting your period can become quite a situation, and oftentimes we turn to strangers we don’t even know. I have never been in a desperate situation where a woman has not stepped up to the plate to save me. And that, is why I love women.
Women possess a capacity to place themselves in someone else’s shoes that goes beyond simply taking a walk around the block. Now, we have one-upped ourselves to be able to identify whether that woman is walking around in Converse high tops, still wearing Mary Janes, clumps around in Dr. Martens, or clickety clacks in a pricey pair of Manola Blahniks. This level of intuition and outreach within the global sisterhood, through movements such as #MeToo is allowing us to take a much more direct approach to women’s issues like menstruation, and the tampon tax. I don’t know about you, but I say the word “tampon” out loud and without embarrassment. Thanks to Amy Shumer’s humor, and her direct, no bs approach to life and women, many other young women will stop mumbling “tampon,” and start shouting it across their high school classroom.
Her plea at the end of the monologue to teach our sons to be kind to women: exceptional. I am also a big believer in the necessity of explaining menstruation to not only our daughters, but to our sons, as well. A new generation is rising, and it is our responsibility to remove as many taboos as possible to make life easier for the global sisterhood. Support other women. Period.
Top 10 Menstruation Quotes
To continue to smash the stigma on speaking about periods, blood, tampons, etc, we have composed a top ten list of our favorite menstruation quotes.
- “I bleed twelve weeks a year, so I know a thing or two about bloodstains.” – Amanda Lovelace
- “Gradually my whole concept of time changed until I thought of a month as having twenty-five days of humanness and five others when I might just as well have been an animal in a steel trap.” – Florence King
- “I mean if there was any justice in the world you wouldn’t even have to go to school during your period. You’d just stay home for five days and eat chocolate and cry.” – Andrea Portes
- “Push my buttons, and I’ll push you off a bridge.” – Karen Quan
- “You should never make a decision the day before your period.” – Miranda J. Barrett
- “Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself.” – Roseanne Barr
- “When a woman tells you she started her period, the correct response is NEVER, ‘Well that explains it!’” – Anon
- “Periods are ridiculous. I shouldn’t be punished for not being pregnant.” – Anon
- “Never piss off someone who bleeds for a week every month and doesn’t die.” – Anon
- “I love my period. Said no one ever.” – Anon
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.