“Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.” Zooey Deschanel
While summertime generally symbolizes freedom, sunshine, tiki bars and lightning bugs, for many women suffering from sensitive skin issues, it may represent even more pain and suffering due to the intense heat.
Sensitive skin is a complex, rapidly expanding phenomenon, which has challenged cosmetic companies to introduce safer and more effective products and solutions that respect skin barrier function. Summer and winter are difficult seasons for women with sensitive skin, as the sun, wind and cold weaken the skin barrier causing dehydration, irritation and inflammation.
Sensitive skin can manifest itself in particular moments or periods without any apparent warning or it can be a constant condition. Another disturbing aspect of sensitive skin is that its triggers are varied and numerous.
Defining sensitive, reactive, intolerant or irritable skin
Characterized by the appearance of sensations of tingling, tingling, heat, itching, burning or more or less intense pain (with or without redness, dryness and desquamation), sensitive skin may manifest based on the following stimuli:
- Physical: hot, cold, UV rays, wind
- Chemical: substances contained in cosmetics, detergents, in water, in polluted environments
- Hormonal: menstrual cycle, menopause
All these factors fundamentally cause the alteration of the skin barrier and may include signs of premature aging, redness, and dry, chapped skin. Note: Sensitive skin can be of any type: dry, oily or normal. Even a well-hydrated skin can become hypersensitive and intolerant.
How to Prepare Sensitive Skin for the Summer
- Oxygenate your skin: Quite simply, give your body the chance to soak in some fresh air, at least three times a week. Go on hour long nature walks in the open air, and if possible by the sea. You may also want to add more green foods to your diet, such as kale, spinach, broccoli, chard, brussel sprouts, which contain Vitamin K. Vitamin K promotes good circulation and helps strengthen blood vessel walls. Try eating the green veggies raw, cooked or drink them in fresh pressed juices.
- Treat yourself to a facial with a massage: Choose your scrub of choice to eliminate dead skin cells, rejuvenate and revive your skin. After the scrub, indulge in a partial lymph drainage massage. The gentle, wave-like motions of this massage activates lymph microcirculation, and eliminates toxins.
- Ultra-hydrate: Drink at least 8 cups of water a day, and consider beginning your day with a cup of water with two tablespoons of apple vinegar, which functions as an effective detox. Add green tea infusions to the equation, a powerful antioxidant to strengthen your immune system.
- Adopt a healthy diet: Increase your diet of protein-rich foods, and avoid carbs like bread and pasta, paving the way for veggies, salads, and seasonal fruit, instead. Paying attention to the foods you eat, and choosing elements rich in antioxidants will give your skin that desired summer glow.
- Strengthen your skin now in anticipation of the Summer: When choosing your pre-Summer skincare products, choose products rich in antioxidants like green tea extracts, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. Make sure you use an intense hydrating moisturizer like hyaluronic acid.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.