Don’t just be good to others, be good to yourself, too.
Vaginal health is an important aspect of every woman’s life. Many women suffer from vaginal problems, such as fungi and bacterial infections, urinary tract infections, vaginitis, excessive discharge or vaginal dryness, which provoke intense sensations of discomfort and sometimes pain.
A healthy vagina has a natural acidic pH level and many healthy bacteria to help avert infections. Good hygiene and different foods can help keep the vagina healthy and pH levels more balanced. pH is a measure that indicates the degree of acidity (pH from 0 to 7) or of basicity (pH from 7 to 14) of biological liquids and tissues. It can be measured with a stick that changes color depending on the value. The high frequency of vaginal infections can be linked to vaginal pH: this is physiologically maintained by the vaginal bacterial flora, which, if not in perfect health causes small changes in pH that alter the vaginal ecosystem potentially leading to a variety of infections.
The main causes of vaginal infections are bacteria (Chlamydia, Gonococco), protozoa (Trichomonas), mushrooms (Candida) and viruses (herpes, HIV). Vaginal infections are favored to occur when the vaginal pH is altered, which may depend on hormonal variations, lifestyle, hygiene or sexual activity.
Cura te ipsum (take care of yourself): Your Vaginal pH
The pH value defines the concentration of the hydrogen H ion in a substance or body tissue: in the case of the vagina, this should be between 3 and 5.5.
The pH can vary physiologically in various female ages:
- Puberty: Few estrogens are produced and therefore the pH is basically NEUTRAL, between 6.5 and 7.
- Reproductive Age: estrogen reigns: the pH should be acidic, between 3.5 and 4.5.
- Menstruation: During the days following the cycle, women are particularly at risk for infections. The acidity tends to decrease slightly towards the neutral level, between 4 and 6.
- Pregnancy: The vaginal pH, with the increase in estrogen, becomes even more acidic, up to 3.
- Menopause: Increases the risk of infections, irritation and dryness. There is a return to a basically neutral pH of between 6 and 7.
What alters the vaginal pH?
The vaginal pH, beyond the physiological variations may also become altered due to other reasons including birth control pill use, stress, an improper diet, antibiotic therapy, use of synthetic clothing close to your lady parts, and the use of aggressive soaps. An unbalanced pH leads to disorders of various kinds: vaginitis, vaginosis, vulvitis, cervicitis, etc.
5 Ways to Protect your Lady Parts
- Wear 100% cotton undergarments. Underwear made from natural fibers, for example untreated and white cotton, inhibits the proliferation of bacteria. Tight, spandex, or lace material undergarments can promote irritation that can easily turn into infections. Synthetic fibers prevent the normal transpiration of the skin and create a warm and humid environment perfect for the proliferation of germs.
- Practice attentive washing habits. When washing your vagina, it is recommended to start from the vulva towards the anus and never vice versa, and dry off with care and delicacy using linen or cotton towels designated for your own personal use. Make sure you wash them at high temperatures. Your daily intimate hygiene must be particularly attentive during an infection, your period, and after sexual intercourse due to the fact that the vaginal mucosa undergoes a change in ph and is more exposed to the attack of bacteria.
- An avocado a day… Valid protection against harmful bacteria for vaginal balance is proper nutrition: make sure you limit the intake of refined carbohydrates, yeasts and sugars, and eat yogurt with probiotics for breakfast. Healthy fats in the avocado help the vaginal walls to be healthy and lubricated, and this helps prevent vaginal dryness, as well as itching and burning. Also rich in vitamin B6 and potassium, avocados help general vaginal health. Be sure to eat avocado in moderation, it only takes a quarter a day to reap its benefits. Try them in salads and sandwiches! Yum!
- Lemons are especially effective in helping to rebalance an altered pH. Lemons help vaginal health because their acidic nature helps maintain the healthy pH level of the vagina. The antioxidants contained in lemons, help protect cells from free radical damage, aiding the immune system to prevent and fight any type of infection. Squeeze a lemon into a glass of water and add a little honey. Drink this all natural remedy once or twice a day to help restore the pH balance in your body.
- Choose a nontoxic, chemical free, certified organic intimate wash. Wash your intimate area with Organyc® Intimate Wash, a certified organic formulation with chamomile, essential oils and extracts that gently cleanses, calms and cools. Ideal for sensitive skin, it is also suitable for daily use. It is also recommended to wash after sexual intercourse.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) click here.