“It’s not easy to diagnose because depending where the endometrial deposits are, the symptoms can be quite different. It’s an unrecognized problem among teenage girls, and it’s something that every young woman who has painful menstruation should be aware of … it’s a condition that is curable if it’s caught early. If not, if it’s allowed to run on, it can cause infertility, and it can really mess up your life.” Hilary Mantel
Endometriosis is considered a rather complex condition. An early diagnosis can save from reduce aggravation of the disease and potential infertility. Strong and abnormal pain during menstruation is one of the most common symptoms of endometriosis. 10% of women are affected by this disease during the reproductive age. Some women are faced with chronic pelvic pain and experience pain during sexual intercourse.
Endometriosis is a disorder in which the tissue covering the uterus, called the endometrium, adheres to other organs and continues to grow. It generally adheres to the fallopian tubes or ovaries, but can also grow on the inner walls of the uterus, while in rare cases it reaches the pelvic cavity and adheres to the bladder. If you suffer from endometriosis or have suffered from it, you will know that the symptoms are intense pain in the uterus and in the lower back. The pain may vary during ovulation, menstruation or sexual intercourse and in some cases may even be invalidating.
Women who suffer from this disorder generally have an abundant cycle flow that also leads to episodes of anemia, they also have digestive problems such as nausea and vomiting. The causes of endometriosis are not yet clear; however, in the presence of endometriosis, hormonal imbalances and elevated estrogen levels are present.
Endometriosis is usually treated with pain medication, hormone medications and surgery, but incorporating a more global approach has proven to be effective: psychological support, a proper diet, and a healthy lifestyle designed to improve health conditions supported by homeopathy, acupuncture and herbal remedies, may improve conditions.
The following remedies may prove effective in relieving the symptoms of endometriosis. Make sure you consult your physician before implementing these suggestions.
Follow a Specific Diet and Adapt a Healthy Lifestyle
The symptoms of endometriosis may be alleviated based on your diet. As what we eat affects our state of health, in the case of endometriosis, the food indications are very precise:
- Follow a diet rich in fiber (20-30% of your food intake).
- Eat foods rich in omega 3, and limit meat and dairy products. A study has shown that excessive consumption of red meat can increase the risk of endometriosis and together with dairy products increase inflammation. Remember to consume foods that prevent inflammatory states and not those that accentuate them. Vitamin E is an excellent antioxidant, contributes to the metabolism of estrogen and fights inflammation.
- Consume a lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid foods with preservatives, added sugars, and sweeteners that create imbalances.
- Use whole grains, legumes and fish rich in omega 3.
- Season your food with linseed oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Perform a test of possible food intolerance in order to avoid foods that your body may perceive as being harmful. Chamomile, lavender, or geranium essential oils massaged on the lower abdomen help to relax the pelvic muscles and reduce painful contractions.
- Drink plenty of water regularly to promote the elimination of toxins, and keep the intestinal flora in optimal condition with the use of lactic ferments. The Dandelion root in the form of a dry extract is effective in cleansing the liver and detoxifying the body from excess toxins.
- Drinking an herbal tea with ginger is one of the recommended natural remedies to alleviate the nausea that may occur in women suffering from endometriosis. You can buy herbal tea in ginger bags in herbal medicine and ask your trusted herbalist more information on how to take this drink as a natural remedy to relieve nausea in case of endometriosis.
A healthier, more relaxed and less stressful lifestyle can go a long way towards alleviating your endometriosis symptoms. Pay more attention to possible exposure to bisphenol A and pesticides, and avoid them as much as possible, because these substances have been associated with the causes of the disease in recent years. Also reduce stress as much as possible by practicing meditation and yoga disciplines, which help the body relax and bring relief in case of pain.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.