“Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” –Zoe Kravitz
During the gray, bleak, harsh winter months, your epidermis suffered the effects of low temperatures including dehydration, redness, and dryness. The cold season may have contributed to an increase in acne due to a greater production of sebum caused by a richer diet. The elimination of toxins and dead cells is essential: these actions allow the epidermis to become brighter, and above all to reactivate its microcirculation. Make sure you also provide a deep cleansing facial to eliminate the pollution, smog and grayness winter months have left on your skin. Spring cleaning is a 360° process that starts with your face.
Try our 5 DIY organic scrubs!
We often read about natural beauty treatments that you can create directly at home. In this post we will explain how to make fantastic DIY body scrubs using easy to find ingredients to make sure your skin achieves that soft, velvety feeling we all crave. Skin care is important and scrubs are useful to eliminate dead skin cells, especially after the winter. The following are five DIY organic scrubs that will revive your skin and have the birds and bees buzzing your name.
1. Spicy body scrub: Here’s what you need to prepare:
a few drops of cinnamon and ginger essences
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons of corn flour
Squeeze the orange and grate the rind. Mix the ingredients, and if the mixture is too liquidy, add some more corn flour.
Gently apply the scrub on your face and body and rinse with warm water. Divine!
2. Chocolate Body Scrub: The perfect chocolate-lover’s scrub, but it is not for eating! 1 teaspoon of bitter cocoa
1 teaspoon of baking soda
A half a teaspoon of brown sugar
A teaspoon of honey
A teaspoon of sweet almond oil or olive oil
Pour the bitter cocoa and the bicarbonate in a container and mix well. Then, add brown sugar, honey and finally sweet almond oil. Your purifying scrub is ready!
It is sufficient to apply it on the face or on the body using circular movements. Leave it in place for 8/10 minutes, and rinse with lukewarm water!
3. Body scrub with salt and olive oil: The simplest body scrub is prepared with just two ingredients: salt and oil. Use what you already have available in the kitchen, such as common coarse salt and olive oil. Pour the salt into a jar. Then, add the olive oil little by little until an easy to apply mixture is obtained. Using your fingertips, gently massage the scrub in circular movements. You can opt for a more vigorous massage in areas where the skin may be thicker and harder, such as elbows and heels.
4. Coffee Scrub: For smoother skin, to prevent ingrown hairs from forming and to fight the water retention that generates cellulite, simply combine coffee grounds with a little brown sugar, 2/3 tablespoons of massage oil and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Then, mix the ingredients until you get a thick mixture to apply to dry skin. Rub well. The coffee also has an excellent antioxidant action and will give your skin a natural glow!
5. Cinnamon and lemon scrub: Prepare a body scrub with fresh lemon peel, cinnamon powder, fine salt, avocado oil and sweet orange and cypress essential oils. Take a bowl, and add the salt, cinnamon, lemon zest. Slowly pour the oil and mix well. Combine the essential oils and mix. Apply the scrub to critical areas using a mild circulatory massage for at least 10 minutes. Rinse in the shower with lukewarm water.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.