“And with the sprig of a fruited olive, man is purified in extreme health.” –Virgil
How bizarre to imagine that the oil you use every day to flavor your food, represents a highly effective solution in protecting your sensitive skin. When choosing an oil that comes into close contact with your skin, the important thing is to choose natural and cold-pressed ones, because the refining process impoverishes oils of vitamins and phytosterols. Also, make sure you read the ingredients, because what you put on your skin must respect its sensitivity, and enhance its beauty, elasticity and strength.
Obtained by cold pressing olive pulp, olive oil has a characteristic odor and ranges from a golden yellow to green color. One of the richest in oleic acid (about 62%), olive oil boasts great nourishing and emollient properties for the skin.
In addition to oleic acid, olive oil contains about 15% linoleic acid, 15% palmitic acid and 2% stearic acid. Olive oil has a significant concentration of active antioxidant ingredients with restorative, anti-inflammatory action and squalene, one of the main components of the surface of the skin. Its nourishing, soothing, emollient and antioxidant action protects the epidermis from external aggressions such as cold, wind and sun.
Another definite plus in addition to its organic properties, olive oil has a low average cost and may be stored for several months at room temperature, in a dry place away from heat and light.
Cosmetic properties of olive oil
Olive oil is a rich emollient oil that deeply nourishes the skin and regulates its natural hydration system. Well tolerated by even the most sensitive skin, olive oil has a soothing effect on redness and irritation.
- Effective in hydrating dry skin: Often used for the treatment of irritated or chapped skin, it may be used as a lip balm or hand oil to moisturize dry skin.
- Soothing for sensitive skin: It is also very effective in treating eczema, psoriasis, and herpes.
- Pair it with other essential oils: Olive oil may either be applied in its pure form or mixed with other essential oils such as lavender to enhance its hydrating effect. To avoid that skin remains greasy after application, it is advisable to mix it with a more penetrating oil, like that of Macadamia.
- Anti-aging effect: Try replacing your eye contour cream with olive oil. Apply a few drops overnight and you will notice the difference in a few days.
- A traditional ingredient in organic products: Olive oil is an essential ingredient of moisturizing creams for hands, face and body, in lip balms, hydrating body products, and bath and massage oils.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.