“I would not trade any of these features for anybody else’s. I wouldn’t trade the small thin-lipped mouth that makes me resemble my nephew. I wouldn’t even trade the acne scar on my right cheek, because that recurring zit spent more time with me in college than any boy ever did.” ― Tina Fey
My mother’s one consistent, great, irritated skin remedy was toothpaste; according to her, any brand worked. Every single blemish that appeared was duly noted, eyes were rolled, and after a trip to the bathroom mirror, that baby got smothered in toothpaste for the night. The next morning, my mother would inspect the site and religiously declare it healed, although 98% of the time, it was still there, ready to wink. I would have loved an alternative to toothpaste to soothe my oftentimes irritated, dry skin, especially because it usually ended up in my hair from tossing and turning all night.
Often used in natural cosmetics, Almond oil soothes and nourishes sensitive skin. Sweet almond oil is obtained by cold pressing the seed contained within the fruit of the plant without the use of chemical solvents, in its purest form. It has one of the highest percentages of unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which give the plant its well-known eudermic properties.
In addition, the presence of vitamin E and B, amino acids, carbohydrates and mineral salts make it an excellent remedy to combat skin-aging and to contribute to the cell renewal of tissues.
Properties and Benefits of Almond Oil
- Anti-Stress Solution: Sensitive skin reactions may be directly related to stress, anxiety or other environmental factors. Mix almond oil with some drops of essential oils of your choice to obtain a nourishing massage oil for the skin of your body. In this way, you may also choose to add an essential oil specific to your needs: joint pains, muscular cramping, etc. Massaged on the skin, sweet almond oil also helps reduce irritation, inflammation and itching as well as speeding up the healing process of cracked skin.
- Dry and Irritated Skin Moisturizer: recommended in all cases where the skin is dry and dehydrated, the sweet almond oil should be applied with a light massage, preferably after the bath (when the skin is still wet) to ensure that the oil molecules mix with those of water, facilitating its absorption. To increase the soothing action of sweet almond oil, you can add lavender essential oil, a drop for each tablespoon of oil. The emollient and soothing action provides great benefits for dry and irritated skin, and also relieves itching caused by eczema.
- Daily Facial Cleanser: Try sweet almond oil as a daily facial cleanser, as it smoothly removes dirt and impurities without altering the natural hydrolipidic balance of your skin. Just use a cotton ball to dab the oil on your skin. Not only will it remove makeup, but you will notice how smooth your skin feels after rinsing. In case of dry and chapped skin or wrinkles, use a few drops of sweet almond oil to massage on the face. It takes very little to achieve a soothing and nourishing effect.
- Skin Inflammation Soother: To treat the skin with almond oil in case of sunburn, rashes, eczema, hives and other irritations and inflammation of the skin, massage the sweet almond oil on the affected areas of the body to calm redness and inflammation. Pure sweet almond oil is also perfect as a post depilatory oil to reduce irritation and remove residues left by waxing.
- Lip Softness Renewer: To nourish and soften chapped lips, add half a teaspoon of sweet almond oil to a teaspoon of shea butter. Soften the shea butter and mix the two ingredients. Transfer the product into a small jar and apply to lips every evening. Kiss your dry lips goodbye!
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or click here.