“These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.” –Najwa Zebian
Each woman lives their period in a very subjective manner. Some women suffer very little, while for others, that time of the month can bring intense cramps and a roller coaster of emotions. If you practice Yoga, don’t skip your class – breathe and breeze through it! Each sequence stimulates relaxation and psychophysical balance, which can be extremely beneficial during your period. Note: specific problems must be addressed with your teacher, who will give you the most appropriate individualized indications.
Make sure you listen to your body and follow the signals it sends. The following are three suggestions to consider when practicing yoga during your period:
- Avoid the overturned positions (headstand poses, candle, etc) and those that act strongly on the abdomen (boat pose).
- Consider how long you maintain a position as well as your level of physical fitness and general well-being during the class. Act and react based on your body’s signals. If you feel discomfort in a position, listen to your body and avoid that particular position.
- Try the benefits of Balasana, a useful position for abdominal pain, fatigue or moodiness. This position is performed a great deal both by beginners and experts, not only because it allows a break between two demanding sequences, but also because it gives the individual innumerable benefits. Balasana reduces fatigue, eliminates stress, relaxes the frontal muscles of the body and gently lengthens the posterior ones, relieves the cervical, reduces back pain, and allows you to have more control over your breathing.
Aromatherapy in Case of Menstrual Pain
To alleviate menstrual pain, the use of essential oils is an aromatherapy application that intervenes both on a psychic and physical level.
Some essences rebalance the female hormonal system, modulating the production of prostaglandins (PGF2), responsible for uterine contractions and spasms; others have an anti-inflammatory and relaxing action to benefit and soothe the muscle of the uterus.
The following are three essential oils that may be useful in alleviating menstrual cramps:
- Lavender Essential Oil: This essential oil has an antispasmodic effect on muscular contractions, calming abdominal pains and spasms.
- Rose Essential Oil: This essential oil calms spasms due to menstrual pain and relieves bleeding. This oil is Indicated in disorders related to hormonal imbalances, anxiety and irritability that characterize premenstrual syndrome and menopause.
- Chamomile Essential Oil: Especially useful for relaxing tense muscles, due to nervousness, irritable bowel, spasms, colitis and gaseous colics, this essential oil alleviates menstrual pain.
Women must feel safe and secure when purchasing feminine care products that come into direct contact with their most intimate body parts.
We are extremely proud that the following Organyc products have all earned Made Safe™ Certification: Moderate Flow Pads, Organyc Heavy Flow Pads, Organyc Panty Liners (Folded), and Organyc Panty Liners (Flat Packed)! We are currently working diligently to ensure that all of our products earn this fundamental certification.This certification signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
Organyc® products protect and respect sensitive skin
In a large scale gynecological study, feminine care products like Organyc containing pure cotton solved skin irritation with a 90% success rate within 90 days.
It is estimated 60% of women believe they suffer from sensitive skin and many do, indeed, experience itching and irritation. Cotton is soft, gentle and naturally breathable. Skin does not react with cotton. 100% pure organic cotton (the purest type) hypoallergenic products are highly recommended for women who suffer from recurring yeast infections.
If you would like to try a sample to experience first hand Organyc’s 100% genuine, organic cotton, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692 or click here.
EVVITA Study based on a test of 306 women with discomfort and irritation or itching in the vulvo-vaginal area. 70% regularly suffered from these symptoms. 50% of women in the study described the symptoms as ‘unbearable’ or ‘very annoying’.
The study was conducted by three leading French gynecologists in Paris with the support of the Board of Experts. 105 gynaecologists across France participated in recruitment.