Sensitive Skin, Sensitive Teen
When your teenage daughter suffers with sensitive skin, looks in the mirror and sees red splotches, has to avoid the sun to protect her skin, and once a month itches like crazy because her period creates irritation, Mom needs to intervene and quickly, but how?
Caring for sensitive skin issues must not involve a superficial approach, but must take into careful consideration a treatment of both mind and body. Sensitive skin is a very widespread condition among the population, and unfortunately often underestimated. In the absence of cutaneous or apparent inflammation pathologies, it may be defined as a sensitive and fragile skin more prone to react (negatively) to physical or irritating chemical agents with respect to “normal” skin. Sensitive skin is more susceptible to allergies, redness, irritation, itching and skin burns. The following are five tips to help your daughter overcome sensitive skin issues that may affect her self-esteem:
- Preventative Strategies for Dealing with PMS: To combat pimple balloons, mood swings, water retention, irritation and aggression associated with premenstrual syndrome, make sure your daughter avoids the following elements:
- Seasoned cheese, salami
- Noodles with meat and vegetable broth extracts
- Various sauces
- Salted fish and vegetables
- Packaged products containing sodium glutamate, bicarbonate or sulphite sodium
- Canned and long-lasting foods
- Drinks such as hot chocolate, coffee, tea, guarana
- Caffeine and tobacco2. Do you take the time to read the list of ingredients contained in your daughter’s beauty products? While we tend to trust that products sold couldn’t possibly contain harmful ingredients, the reality is very different. There are many skin care products on the market that contain dangerous ingredients and whose safety is completely questionable. Some of these ingredients include synthetic scents, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), phthalates and parabens, which may cause skin inflammation and irritation. Carefully read the list of the components on the labels and do some internet research about their adverse effects. Before using them on your skin, find out what they are and what they exactly do.3. Be aware of possible sensitive skin triggers to intervene quickly: The following elements may trigger reactions or represent aggravating circumstances.
- Changes in temperature
- Dry and /or windy weather
- The sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Air pollution
- Certain pharmaceuticals
- Use of aggressive detergents and unsuitable cosmetics
- Rubbing and prolonged contact with metals and fabrics
- Hormonal alterations (cycle, pregnancy, menopause)4. Screen her Makeup Products: When she approaches you about buying her the latest in popular cosmetics like creams, tonics, foundations, lipstick and glosses, limit her to one product at a time and perform a skin test on a small section of her neck (the thin skin located on the neck will enable you to save her face from potential redness and provide you with the desired result of understanding whether or not the product causes a reaction).5. Research reliable companies that offer 100% organic and natural products, like Organyc® 100% pure, organic cotton feminine care products provide the same protection as the big brands with respect for your most sensitive skin. In a large scale gynecological study, feminine care products like Organyc containing pure cotton solved skin irritation with a 90% success rate within 90 days. It is estimated 60% of women believe they suffer from sensitive skin and many do, indeed, experience itching and irritation. Cotton is soft, gentle and naturally breathable. Skin does not react with cotton. 100% pure organic cotton (the purest type) hypoallergenic products are highly recommended for women who suffer from recurring yeast infections.
There’s a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in. –Leonard Cohen
While dealing with sensitive skin issues, an adolescent may experience moments of profound insecurity. Make sure she participates in extra-curricular activities she excels in, has an active social life, and knows that you are always by her side.
To experience Organyc’s 100% authentic, organic cotton feminine care products, click here for details.
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They have unsurpassed absorbency and leak protection and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692 or visit the Sample & Coupon page.