Parenting a teenage daughter requires extreme levels of intuition, sensitivity, patience and generosity: an experience in the see-saw of sure, no problem!/absolutely not!…But, yes, I totally trust you (unless there’s a certain person involved in the equation). The myriad of adolescent relationships that are on one day, off the next day challenges the most flexible of well-intentioned, stressed out Moms. The safe subjects of today, become tomorrow’s triggers, so beware of EVERYTHING you say.
Along with experience does come knowledge, and while I consciously realize that it takes so very little to piss off my teen, certain things come out of my mouth on a regular basis, and I just can’t seem to stop the Momisms.
Top 10 Things I Just Can’t Stop Saying to my Daughter:
- “Aren’t those shorts a little too short?” Reply: “Why does my butt look big?”
- “How’s Alexa (her lifelong bff)?” Reply: “Don’t know, don’t care. She’s going out with the guy I’ve been in love with since nursery school, so we’re no longer friends.”
- “Those are the ugliest sandals I’ve ever seen, they look like dead skunks.” Reply: “Mom, you have no fashion sense, everyone in school is wearing them!”
- “Explain to me why it’s okay to spend 200 dollars on rain boots when it never rains.” Reply: “Mom, everyone has them!”
- “Aren’t those lyrics a little too explicit for you to be listening to?” Reply: “Mom, I hid in the back of the living room, while you were watching Orange is the New Black, nothing is too explicit after that.”
- “How did you do on your test?” Reply: I got a C, but everybody else got a D or failed.
- “I don’t care about ‘everybody else,’ I only care about you.” Reply: “I know Mom, and I love you, too.” (Works every time)
- “Come on, sweetheart, let’s take a selfie so I can post it to fb!” Reply: “Impossible.” My last selfie with my daughter dates back to the first day of Middle School.
- “Have you finished your homework, yet?” Reply: Here, either I get silence because she’s too busy watching youtubers, or “Yes, Mom” even if she hasn’t started. I no longer actually expect it to be answered, it’s just more of a reminder, and makes me feel like I’m performing my Mom duty.
- “Honey, what is that on your nose?”: Reply: “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”
My daughter has sensitive skin, and while she has recently managed to keep it under control by using 100% organic facial products, when she’s premenstrual, she occasionally has some facial visitors. I usually never make references to breakouts, unless it’s to ask her if she needs new products, however I do monitor the situation, so I know when to have the Organyc 100% pure, organic pads and tampons in the house.
Organyc is designed to respect a woman’s sensitive skin
When a woman has her period, she must choose a product that comes into direct contact with the most intimate part of her body. One common concern that many women have is the amount of chemicals in everyday personal care products. Chemical sensitivity, skin irritation and the desire for complete protection are leading more and more women to choose Organyc® products. Organyc understands how frustrating dealing with sensitive skin issues can be during your period. That’s why Organyc has created specially formulated products with a limited number of select organic ingredients, which offer soothing and restorative function, and permit high tolerance in accordance with what experts recommend for treating sensitive skin.
Organyc has created a product line of sensitive skin pads made with a top sheet of hypoallergenic, nonwoven 100% breathable and gentle organic cotton, an absorbent core made of 100% organic cotton for maximum absorption, and adhesive wings for maximum comfort and protection. Organyc contains no synthetics, no SAPs and no wood pulp. For good hygiene, Organyc bleaches only in hydrogen peroxide, a naturally occurring disinfectant. Also available – panty liners and tampons.
I may put my foot in my mouth any given day on any given occasion, but when it comes to taking care of my girl, I do my research.
Learn more about Organyc 100% pure, cotton feminine care products, here.
Help support this ad free blog by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They absorb as well as the leading brands and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or visit the Samples & Coupon page.