“You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to other people.” –The Idealist
An ounce of prevention goes a long way to avoid happy home conflicts. When you establish a healthy mind and body day/hour/30 minute time frame where you spend some quality you with yourself time, stress and tension melts away and free your mind becomes an active philosophy, not just a flippant comment.
Choose a day of the week where you find yourself less overwhelmed than usual by work and family commitments and start by planning an hour just for you to spend in your private, personal, do-it-yourself spa.
How to Prepare your Personal Spa
- Create the perfect atmosphere: choose 5 candles or incense. Try Honey Candles® made with Bees Wax, to place around the bathtub and next to the sink:
- Dyes are not tested on animals
- Solvent free
- Does not contain hazardous additives such as naphtha or naphthalene
- None of the components in the dye is required to be listed in the California Proposition 65 list of cancer causing agents
- Can be shipped in all weather conditions because of its high melt point)
- Choose scents that will relax your senses and soothe your soul. Put flower petals throughout the bathroom, and play soft meditation music in the background.
- Invest in all natural bath salts, scrubs, massaging sponges, and scented oil.
- Place fresh, thick towels and a new bathrobe near the bathtub.
- Begin with a natural face and body scrub. Try this Coffee Scrub, or make your own!
3 tablespoons fresh coffee grounds
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Mix all dry ingredients, then add oil. Based on the kind of scrub consistency you want, add more or less brown sugar. Apply to your face and body.. Massage in gentle, circular motions, then rinse with warm water.
- Prepare a warm bath with all natural mineral salts, and light the candles or incense around the bathroom and bathtub.
- Turn on your relaxing, healing meditation music for positive energy flow.
- Soak in the warm water, use the sponge to massage your skin and exfoliate.
- Use your organic scented essential oils to massage your body. Try scents like lavender-mint or lemon-sandalwood. Read about how to use essential oils in the home, as well.
- Apply a restorative energy mask to your eyes, lay back and meditate. Literally, free your mind and concentrate only on your breathing.