Find the time…
“The time to read, to smell the flowers, to paint your dreams,
to have coffee with a friend, to learn a new craft, to write a letter,
to bake a surprise cake, to go somewhere special,
to REALLY be with the person you love,
or even to do nothing for a while…” -Anon
Living a 6 am. Monday morning wake up to the tune of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” just doesn’t have the same motivating effect as it usually does when you tossed and turned until 2 am struggling to fall asleep. Add to the exhaustion equation that you woke up with your period, and your week ahead seems excessively ominous.
Fight the urge to crawl back under those inviting covers and swing your mindset from desperate to daring. Play the mind over matter game with yourself and see which one of you wins: your positive side, or your screw-willpower-add-some-extra-hot fudge-to-my-banana-split side.
5 Ways to Survive Monday Mornings (even with your period) and Smile While Doing So
Don’t be a victim of your brand new week. Approach it on the offensive and get creative.
The following are five tips to tackling the Monday morning blues. (Caution: if you become giddy and overly optimistic after putting our suggestions to work, people may begin giving you cold stares. Some people actually enjoy being depressed on Mondays.)
- Send a random text or fb message to five people who you just “haven’t had the chance to talk to, because you’ve been so busy.” Brightening their day with kind words or a funny story you “haven’t had the chance to tell them” will boomerang into putting a smile on your face. Example: “Why be moody, when you can shake yo booty!” is a text guaranteed to make your friend smile – she may think someone stole your cell and sent random texts, but she’ll smile, and you will have made her Monday!
- Plan a “Moment to look forward to” during your week. If you know that the pressure of a nonstop work week clouds your mind, the moment you wake up on Monday morning pick a time, a day, a destination and an outfit to wear, so that you have something to look forward to all week long. Whether it’s a movie date with your daughter, a manicure with a girlfriend, or a walk through the mall alone, designate four hours for a “vacation” every single week.
- Change your ringtone. Is there a song on the radio that makes you smile every single time you hear it? Does one song from your past make you laugh as you recall the funniest thing? Download the tune, and transform it into your ringtone. Then, you won’t be stressed every time someone from work calls to ask you a question, or your husband calls to ask what’s for dinner. (Do they ever take the initiative to figure that out themselves?) I highly suggest downloading the theme song from Teletubbies -you’ll brighten the day of commuters everywhere.
- Pay it Forward. We all have really bad Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. Nothing turns that around like a kind comment, unexpected generous deed or simply a smile that says, “been there” from a stranger. As you pick up your mocha latte from the Starbucks drive-thru, ask how much the car behind you spent, and pick up their tab. Performing random acts of kindness sends the most beautiful type of karma into your universe, and its effects are immediate.
- Observe the world around you. As we madly rush from here to there, struggling to smother our yawns, while burying our heads in our cell phones, we forget how powerful and energizing the mere practice of observation may be. Spend your half hour on the metro looking at the other people seated. Observe their facial expressions, and assign a life story to each person. Walk as much as possible and breathe fresh air, notice the change of temperature and the changing color of leaves on the trees on your way to work. Kiss your kids before they leave for school, hug them.
Empower yourself by choosing to transform your melancholy Monday into an entirely new way of approaching a potentially stressful existence. Contrary to popular belief, “happy” is not an adjective – it’s the most active (adjective-should-have-been-a) verb in existence, and the most powerful one, as well, because YOU ALWAYS control the mind over matter game.
Help support this ad free blog by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They absorb as well as the leading brands and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or visit the Samples & Coupon page.