“Marry me, Juliet, you’ll never have to be alone
I love you and that’s all I really know.
I talked to your dad, you’ll pick out a white dress,
It’s a love story, baby, just say yes.”
“You’ll never have to be alone…” I am DYING to be alone. I love my husband, I love my child, I love my animals, but in approximately twelve minutes my daughter will leave for an OVERNIGHT school trip (I lovingly packed her overnight bag and stuffed it with a couple of magazines, tortilla chips, salsa and guac, a jar of Nutella, and Organyc pads and panty liners), and my husband is GOING AWAY ON BUSINESS (I adoringly packed his entire carry on, and threw in a pair of my black, lacy thongs, so he wouldn’t forget me). It’s Friday, I have the day off, and I will have 24 hours to spend it with Me, Myself and I!
The possibilities are ENDLESS:
- Spa day: massage, mani-pedi, highlights, cut and style.
- Phone a girlfriend: coffee with something excessively and abundantly chocolate, an insane gossip session, lunch with grilled chicken salad with honey mustard on the side for two and peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake for dessert, happy hour with nachos and margaritas, I’ve gained ten just imagining the chow-down.
- Hit the Gym: Yoga, Pilates, Treadmill, Pump, 100% Abs, sauna.
- Movies: The last time I went to see a movie alone was Reality Bites like a hundred years ago. It was an extremely cathartic experience.
- Call my Mom and invite her to lunch: Probably the right thing to do.
- Go to the beach, Go for a walk, Take Music: Pure peace and joy.