Kisses and cuddles, cookies and treats, days spent at my Grandma’s are always so sweet!
Painful menstrual cycles are a problem for many women.
If you suffer from menstrual cramping, you may find yourself facing a series of disturbances that make it difficult to carry out normal daily tasks, from studying to work, for several days during your cycle. In addition to strong and persistent pain in the lower abdomen, painful periods may be accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms such as back pain, leg pain, nausea, diarrhea, headache, weakness, and irritability. While some slight discomfort during the cycle is absolutely normal, in the presence of a consistently high level of pain, it is advisable to consult a specialist.
To prevent monthly discomfort, it may be useful to lead a healthy lifestyle, and exercise regularly while maintaining an appropriate body weight, avoiding smoking and moderating alcohol consumption.
For cramping and menstrual pain, Grandma passed down some precious pearls that we highly recommend!
- Stay hydrated, drink hot drinks and apply a hot water bag to your uterus, (or lay on your stomach on a heated blanket) as the heat helps relax contractions and calms spasms and cramps.
- A quality 10-15 minute abdominal massage with essential oils will loosen muscles and provide some relief.
- Strike a yoga pose that allows your muscles to relax. Practice deep breathing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Cinnamon and Ginger are grandma’s secret weapons used regularly to fight menstrual pain. Apple Cider Vinegar helps regulate blood clotting and muscle cramping by easing the uterus muscles. Cinnamon is an excellent source of magnesium, calcium and iron, while Ginger is known to relieve excessive fatigue.
- Running, yoga, pilates, walking, volleyball, cycling- don’t stand still, keep your body moving to release those endorphins and limit cramping!
- Avoid tight clothing, skinny jeans, tights and synthetic fabrics.
- Go bananas: the potassium content will help ease the pain, or indulge in some decadent dark chocolate! Every grandma has a stash hidden somewhere, you just have to find it!
Avoiding discomfort during your period is of fundamental importance to take on each and every day, whether you’re juggling kids, work, the university or all of the above. The former tips will help you in regulating cramping. However, regarding once-a-month sensitive skin and potential irritation- inflammation worries, Organyc has got you covered!